A little bit o' NASCAR

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by pixeldawg, Dec 5, 2008.

1. pixeldawg

pixeldawg TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I, for many years, shot the pits for the AP at Talladega Superspeedway and at other tracks around the country. I found the atmosphere exciting to shoot and generally great to work around as far as the people we were photographing. I made both of these shots in one day at Talladega and have both of them as part of a sports portfolio that's online. The first is of Sterling Marlin's crew chief and car owner celebrating their victory and the next is a shot of Neil Bonnett's last race at Talladega. Neil was in front of Ted Muskgrave when the "air" left his spoiler, leaving the car uncontrollable. Bonnett flipped at least 6 times and took out a HUGE swath of grand-stand fence as well. The race was stopped ("Red Flagged") for two hours while the track staff fixed the fence. Amazingly, Bonnette walked away from the wreck.

Hope you enjoy!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. DragonHeart

DragonHeart TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    WOW! That second picture is both great AND scary. I went to the race @ Homestead this year for the sprint cup and know exactly what you mean about the atmosphere. It was great. Unfortunately, I didnt have Pit access, but had front row access. You can see some of the pics in my flickr account below.

3. MightyLeeMoon

MightyLeeMoon TPF Noob!

Oh snap! I hope everyone is okay from that second shot!

(Edit: Oh....I got caught up in the shot and didn't read first. Glad to hear he walked away!)

4. pixeldawg

pixeldawg TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Cool! I'll be sure to take a look! THanks for your interest and comments, folks! I appreciate it!