A little fun between business

ronlane

What's next?
Reaction score
Website
www.lane-images.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I had to go back to corporate last week in Virginia and got the chance to spend some time site-seeing. A little trip to Harper's Ferry, WV was really nice despite the cold weather.

Harpers Ferry-7-Edit.jpg

Harpers Ferry-15-Edit.jpg

Harpers Ferry-29-Edit.jpg

The first time a train was used to move US Army troops was when a squad took the B&O RR to Harpers Ferry to put down John Brown.

Love the fire hose wagon.
I've been over that bridge - it goes to the C&O Canal towpath.

hey Ron, I like 1 and 2, but 3 is giving me eye strain. It could be because I'm viewing it on a laptop older then that hose cart ... LOL

Thanks Rick. What is it about 3 that is it? The B&W conversion? The dutch tilt? (I shot it like that and thought it looked good at this angle.

I'm sure it's just the B&W on this old laptop monitor. I'll check it out tomorrow when I get home

I had to go back to corporate last week in Virginia and got the chance to spend some time site-seeing. A little trip to Harper's Ferry, WV was really nice despite the cold weather.

View attachment 91240

View attachment 91241

View attachment 91242
I just LOVE Harpers Ferry. Tons of cool opportunities. If you haven't been to this side before, next time you go there, shoot the Falls at Wayside Falls (just before you enter the town on the Potomac). So many cool things to shoot there.

Here's my thinking about #3: I get the idea. Generally speaking, I really like diagonal lines, I like using B&W to emphasize form. But there's too much going on in that photo. If you just cropped it to the lower left side (to capture the pedestrian guard rails) that would be a good photo. Or just capture the bridge itself (and crop out the lower left content), that would be good. But right now, we've got a ton of lines...first moving up, then receding into the distance. I think if you play with the crops (and turn it in to 2 pictures) it will probably be more effective.

Most reactions

Back