a little help with camera flair?

snownow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
sierraphotography.org
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure thats the correct way to say it. But it seems that when shooting sunsets or the moon i get a second image of it, or a reflection of some sort.It mostly occurs when its over exsposed but not always? (sigh). Its not on all the images,..... hmm how do i put it. let me post one or two. Both images taken with a tripod. So any ideas on the cause and how to avoid it in the future would be great. Thanks in advance.

flair.jpg

flair2.jpg

Yes, d70, i have tried several lenses and are getting the same thing. Nikkor and sigma. Has happened with and without filters.

I have noticed something similar on my digital.
It doesn't conform to the usual lens flare pattern, but I have come up with a theory (and it's just a theory).
I think it might be the light from a point source reflecting off the sensor, hitting the back lens element and bouncing back to the sensor.
If you look at both your shots the ghost image is in the same place and the conditions are approximately the same.
It might also account for the colour change on the moon's double image.
If this is the cause then the solution is down to the manufacturer.
Anyone got any info on this?

Hertz van Rental said:
I have noticed something similar on my digital.
It doesn't conform to the usual lens flare pattern, but I have come up with a theory (and it's just a theory).
I think it might be the light from a point source reflecting off the sensor, hitting the back lens element and bouncing back to the sensor.
If you look at both your shots the ghost image is in the same place and the conditions are approximately the same.
It might also account for the colour change on the moon's double image.
If this is the cause then the solution is down to the manufacturer.
Anyone got any info on this?
This sounds like it may be the problem... unfortuniately I have no information on this, but I am very interested in finding out what the problem is...

Nice theory Hertz- sounds pretty right.

As you said the flare is pretty consistent in its placement and coloring on digital, my lense constantly flares when shooting into the sun (not sideways) in the same spot, and always the same color,

Most reactions

New Topics

Back