A little IDing please

Vinnie90

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
One of my gramps cameras from when he was a professional photog back in the day. If anyone can give me any info on this Rolleiflex, it would be greatly appreciated.

IMG_2036.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

IMG_2044.jpg

IMG_2039.jpg

The Linhof in the box.
IMG_2041.jpg

IMG_2048.jpg

http://www.rolleiclub.com/cameras/tlr/info/all_TLR.shtml

Look for another serial number on the body itself. There are 3 Rollei TLRs with the standard equipped xenotar 2,8/80 and built in light meter (see listings 27,28 and 38 on the web page). From your pictures, my best guess is the Rolleiflex 2.8 F - Model K7F (listing 38).

Vin, dig the serial number on the body and we'll know superfast...

On second thought, that camera... hmm... I was gonna say get rid of it, man, I'd be happy to pay for the shipping of it to me. :lol::lol::lol:

Seroiusly, that's a nice MF camera to shoot with and the Xenotar is one of the better lenses.

That's a great camera! My Rolleiflex is one of the only film cameras I'm still interested in shooting with. It looks well worn, but as long as it works good it's probably worth $500 to $700. Cleaned up and detailed it could be worth $900+.

Thanks for the responses, found out it's the 2.8F. Now I have gone through about 5 or so roles and what a great camera it is. But what I can't figure out is, what the purpose of this nob is. On the side you set your film speed but on the top there is numbers from 0 to -3. Could this be the exposure compensation or something? When I get my scanner working again, I'll put up some sample shots.

untkhvkitled.jpg

It is nice to know someone who asks for an ID actually wants to use the camera. Most of the time, the camera goes straight to ebay with a link straight to it...haha

You can download the Rollei Manual for the camera here. Also the Focal Press Rolleiflex guide is very useful too, can be downladed from the same page. I have a very early copy in the UK.

Ian

That link answered a lot of my questions, thanks. Yeah, this was one of my grandfathers cameras and I have used them all and still plan on using them. You wont see me putting these up for sale.

Most reactions

Back