No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.twocolorphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Do you ever have those moments where you go,
Hey I'm not 20 years old anymore?

I told my husband that for his birthday I would do a photo shoot of the two of us. I spend so much time photographing other people. I even spend quite a bit of time with a camera pointed at our kids. I sometimes forget that the two of us need a little photo shoot too!

So, I set up the tripod, got the remote set up, set up the lighting and tried to do a photo shoot. It was sooo hard! It was hard to see in my mind how I wanted a pose to look, and then try to make it work in the camera. Grrrrrr!

Let me know what you think of our experiment!
3245488625_cb031b753d.jpg

3245488815_59cc9844cb.jpg

3245488957_ccf85b5952.jpg

I think they look great! You are beautiful!

:blushing: Thanks everyone! I think that when you look at a picture of yourself, you can't help but be critical! I see this lady who just isn't 20 anymore! I need to remind myself that 30 is the new 20!

I really like number 2. Nice capture. I understand what you mean about photos of you and your spouse. I have thousands of photos, many hundred of the wife and kids, but VERY FEW of me. If you looked at our family vacation shots you'd think my wife was a single mom that hired a photographer to follow her and her family on every vacation.

On your shots, maybe it's my monitor. but they seem to be getting very close to being blownout in areas. My monitor?

I really like number 2. Nice capture. I understand what you mean about photos of you and your spouse. I have thousands of photos, many hundred of the wife and kids, but VERY FEW of me. If you looked at our family vacation shots you'd think my wife was a single mom that hired a photographer to follow her and her family on every vacation.

On your shots, maybe it's my monitor. but they seem to be getting very close to being blownout in areas. My monitor?

It's just the opposite here! Single dad on vacation, but man he's got beautiful pics to document them!!

Not just your monitor, I really didn't spend a ton of time on post for these. I did push the highlights in ACR a tad too extreme.
I've got an intern starting work with me next week, and her first assignment is going to be REDOING this portrait session for us! It was just nearly impossible to pose my husband and myself and the lights and get the camera just right then hit the remote. Then I'd jump up check my viewfinder re-adjust our poses, and do it all again! AAAHHHH!

I hate to be a party pooper, but I think you could have done much better tonal wise.:blushing:

I hate to be a party pooper, but I think you could have done much better tonal wise.:blushing:

not quite sure what you mean by "tonal" are we talking my conversion to bw? Please tell me more.

Interesting contrast. 3rd one is my favorite.

The composition of the 2nd one isn't too appealing to me. While I get that you didn't want to chop your hair off, it looks to be off center because of the dark spot on your hair and the amount of your shoulder that is in the image compared to your hubbys.

Great composition and I like the B&W and the blown out highlights give a little "edge". But your husband is like my wife when he smiles for photos. He looks like "can we just get this over with?". It's tough to get non-model-types to loosen up and smile like they mean it!

These are great! I really like #2. Maybe a touch too much contrast for portraits as a rule, but I personally prefer high contrast in B/W, so I like it. The only thing that jumps out at me is that in #3, your husband looks kind of like all of that posing is giving him stomach cramps (maybe do something different with the arm across the stomach?)! But again, just my opinion, and I am new to portraits, so that might not be worth much! :lol:

If it's even just an experiment as you claimed, I think they are great shots.

How do you make the background completely black with the subject sufficiently light?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back