A Little Walk in the Woods

Have you used any sort of artificial light here? Great shots!

Послато са SM-G903F уз помоћ Тапатока

Nope, just the morning sun. Thanks!

Well no doubt about it, he's just knows the facts---he is cute as hell!!! Only minor thing I notice is that they seem slightly overexposed on my monitor.

Well no doubt about it, he's just knows the facts---he is cute as hell!!! Only minor thing I notice is that they seem slightly overexposed on my monitor.

Thanks for the feedback. I noticed it too after uploading and taking a step back, but I guess I don't mind it terribly.

Actually looking at it closer, the histogram shows a good exposure, though not much contrast, did you make adjustments post?

Last edited:
Not really, honestly. I took about 1500 shots on the trip, so my workflow was quick and dirty. A quick tweak in Lightroom, but nothing special. I've noticed LR likes to overexpose a touch, so that could be it. His cheeks are just a little blown out, which could probably benefit from a little drop in highlights. But blown out highlights seems to be the trend in toddler photos, so I guess it fits right in ;)

Not really, honestly. I took about 1500 shots on the trip, so my workflow was quick and dirty. A quick tweak in Lightroom, but nothing special. I've noticed LR likes to overexpose a touch, so that could be it. His cheeks are just a little blown out, which could probably benefit from a little drop in highlights. But blown out highlights seems to be the trend in toddler photos, so I guess it fits right in ;)

I thought you might be going for a High Key. The histogram on the 2nd shot, shows lots of midtones, but lack of shadow and highlights.

Capture.JPG

After only minor adjustments in LR, especially in contrast and luminance. I suspect that a white balance adjustment would also help.
36887384636_1c0044379f_b-2.jpg

After the adjustments above the histogram

Capture1.JPG

There's still a lot more that could be done to tweak the photo, but don't want to step on any toes especially if you like the original as shot, because in the end that's all that matters!! You have a fantastic model to work with there!!

Thanks for your time. I really like the adjustments you made. You can now see the dirt on his boots that were washed out before, very cool! I think I'll play around with it a little bit tonight. I'd like to print this one, and I think the adjustment will be especially apparent then.
Regarding white balance, I always have a WhiBal card in my wallet, and I never remember to take the damn thing out.

I never remember to take the damn thing out.

Don't feel bad I have a white,gray and black card on a lanyard around my neck, and I still can't remember to use it!!! :aiwebs_016:

Most reactions

Back