A load of old rope

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
The bright, day-glo even, fishing net and ropes tangled around this chain fence on the edge of a "slade" (slipway) at Cleveleys, Lancashire, caught my eye. Artistic rubbish?

Tony

For more info go to: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

Cleveleys-chain-fence2.jpg

Rubbish!? Not at all!
I think the colors and texture the rope give are fantastic, especially when set off with the muted colors of the sand/sea/sky. I like this very much :)

The ropes and nets might be rubbish (don't look in their best state, but little do I know about fishing ropes, if I were to tell you the truth), but your photo of the same is NOT!

By the way, since you are here right now I might tell you: there is this_thread in the Snapshots and Bloopers in which I am talking with myself about you ... maybe you could come and join in on my quite one-sided di or mono logue...

I agree with Tangerini about the colors and texture of the ropes. GREAT SHOT!!!

Thanks for the comments Tangerini, Corinna, Archangel & Kamilla. Looking at the ropes I half thought they could be the "installation" of an artist - so many ropes and nets, and such great colours. But the nearby groynes and piers are similarly draped - so, the "creation" of careless fishermen I guess :wink:.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

Back