A loose cannon

The first one really works for me when you see the whole series. You can see her mouth forming the beginning of "****".. At least that's what I assume she is getting ready to say. Without the others, It doesn't seem as strong.

#3 stands on its own though. Fantastic.

Cheers namaste lv! She was actually speaking french ;)

I really like #4, but would crop out the lady on the right. Just my 2 cents worth...

Cropping the woman on the right (or at least most of her) would insure that the focus stays on the main subject of the photo. But then again, the feeling that everyone around her is ignoring her "tantrum" is only highlighted by the close passerby who is certainly not looking at the subject. I also think cropping it would rob the broader feel that this isn't staged like some kind of street actor with only a few people in the backdrop.

I've gotta say that the captures are great! Composition, moment, focus are all spot on. I'm not a real fan of the post-processing, however. I can see a halo surrounding her that speaks to oversharpening, or layer masking to blur the background further, or...

Vignetting actually works in emphasizing her in these pics so I guess I DO like some of the post. I'd love to see these in pure grayscale, though. To my eye they're creeping towards sepia and I think that they might be interesting with pure whites and pure blacks.

But, GREAT capture of a vitriolic and emotionally violent moment! At first I thought she had piercings, but NO! That's spittle! She's foaming at the mouth! My god did you do a great job snatching that moment in time!

I really like #4, but would crop out the lady on the right. Just my 2 cents worth...

Cropping the woman on the right (or at least most of her) would insure that the focus stays on the main subject of the photo. But then again, the feeling that everyone around her is ignoring her "tantrum" is only highlighted by the close passerby who is certainly not looking at the subject. I also think cropping it would rob the broader feel that this isn't staged like some kind of street actor with only a few people in the backdrop.
Agreed, thanks RancerDS!
I've gotta say that the captures are great! Composition, moment, focus are all spot on. I'm not a real fan of the post-processing, however. I can see a halo surrounding her that speaks to oversharpening, or layer masking to blur the background further, or...

Vignetting actually works in emphasizing her in these pics so I guess I DO like some of the post. I'd love to see these in pure grayscale, though. To my eye they're creeping towards sepia and I think that they might be interesting with pure whites and pure blacks.

But, GREAT capture of a vitriolic and emotionally violent moment! At first I thought she had piercings, but NO! That's spittle! She's foaming at the mouth! My god did you do a great job snatching that moment in time!
Thanks Pugs, the haloing is due to rushed layer masking used to darken/under-expose the background. When I find the time I'll go back and re-edit these as well as post the grayscale. Thanks again for the in-depth feedback.

Wow, what great shots, I have been shooting for a while and never had such fortune, congrats :thumbup: These shots give me hope that maybe even I could be at the right spot at the right time, so very cool.:salute:

Wow, what great shots, I have been shooting for a while and never had such fortune, congrats :thumbup: These shots give me hope that maybe even I could be at the right spot at the right time, so very cool.:salute:

Thanks wescobts! It will happen, just make sure you bring your camera everywhere you go.

Is your 50mm your go to lens, are you usually shooting prime lens ? or was this just what happened to be on at the moment ?

Is your 50mm your go to lens, are you usually shooting prime lens ? or was this just what happened to be on at the moment ?
Since I bought it the 50mm prime is my go to lens. I love the thing, iv'e only taken it off the camera once since I got it.

Very cool :thumbup: I am a big fan of the primes, I found myself getting lazy with zooms. I realize we need them in some shooting environments, but for me I love the feel, weight, or lack their of, balance and speed of the primes. I figure some of the greatest shots of all time were shot with them, why can't I :D

Very cool :thumbup: I am a big fan of the primes, I found myself getting lazy with zooms. I realize we need them in some shooting environments, but for me I love the feel, weight, or lack their of, balance and speed of the primes. I figure some of the greatest shots of all time were shot with them, why can't I :D
Couldn't agree more... I also really enjoy that exta little challenge of framing without a zoom.
i love #4... you're brave for taking shots of someone that pissed. i wouldn't want to be on the recieving end of that woman's anger. lol
Thanks altitude! All i can say it's a rush...a rush with a souvenir;)

Geez, how would you like to be married to her, and forget to put the lid back down....:lol:

J.:confused:

Geez, how would you like to be married to her, and forget to put the lid back down....:lol:

J.:confused:
Oh god....that was funny! :lol:
Hell, I wasn't trying to be funny! She's f'n scary, if you know what I mean. Hope the hubby didn't forget to bring the milk home that night.:lol:

J.:mrgreen:

Most reactions

Back