A manager for my Photography business?

roguephotog

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
My company consists of just me, the owner/photographer. I have a long time friend and supporter asking to be my manager.

This is a new concept for me, do you have a manager for your small business?

Any tips or advice?

I'm not going to jump into anything - but I see budgets, planning, company goals in the future ... salary? I can barely pay my own bills!

Thanks for your thoughts.

Do you need a manager? What is this manager going to do for you? I'd be suspicious if I wasn't looking for a manager, and someone asked for the job.

She and her husband have a lot of marketing ideas for me and she really wants to help promote my business. She is very supportive and cares very much about my work.

I've been curious about the concept of hiring someone to promote my business, I've heard of other people doing it. Or have them as a salesperson for booking weddings, etc.

Perhaps a manager would seek connections with families and promote/field questions about setting up a shoot before I become involved. Getting involved with play groups or mom networks (I had a great turn out from this method with an out-of-state mom who helped set the whole thing up).

Also it sounds like she'd want to promote my prints and greeting cards to shops or boutiques around town. That's something I've been interested in but haven't made the steps to actually do.

Perhaps in this case, you could hire her on a contract basis....to do some promotion/sales work for you?? Maybe she'd consider being paid on commission (so much money for ever shop that agrees to sell your greeting cards)??? That way you aren't obligated to keep her employed when you just can't afford it...if she's supportive of you she'll understand that money is tight!!

I might add....I know a woman from my kids playgroup....she opened a coffee/lunch shop a couple years ago. Because I'm supportive of her I've passed her name on to people in my various circles interested in catering services.....she's gotten "extra" work because I recommemded her. I do it because I like her....I want to see her succeed.....and I do it for FREE!!!! LOL!!!

Good luck!!!!

Thanks for the luck! She never expects anything in return, although I have given her free shoots for her family & daughter for weddings she referred to me.

I'm trying to figure how I could utilize a manager, then pay her accordingly.

Lucky for me my boyfriend does assistant work on the computer for me, I don't know how I'd hire someone to navigate my office. ;)

Most reactions

Back