A Midwick Sunset at 25 MPH

Boston®

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Midwick is the name of the street where these photos were taken.

Any honest critique and criticism welcome.

Boston your photos are similar in subject to my own (I'm just new at all this)

I like 4 and 5 the best :)

Overall the photos are a little dark (you should see mine :lol:) and need a little more light. Also some creative cropping would improve them as well :D

I think I like the last but one best of all, the sky is really nice in that one and the colours come out well.

The sky in #1 to too bland, blown out, really, while others are a bit too dark ... and what has brought about the heavy vignetting in the last, I wonder?

The last one I vignetted post production manually in PS. The sunset wasn't that good, I agree with tsar, but I wanted to go take some shots, the focus being on abnormal angles and composistion. All of these photos were taken with manual exposures and settings. Certain pictures I tried different things, hence the reason why the house with the street number is taken twice with two different exposures and apertures.

The only other post editting I did was with the first one where I threw a sharpen mask on it because it looked a bit blurrier than I wanted.

i like the 5th one,
and the others...i think that your camera has some problems dealing with bad light conditions, maybe you can use a tripod

Most reactions

Back