Raj_55555

Indian God of Photography
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.rajarshiphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a mixed set from my recent visit to the zoo + one from the king cobra encounter I found (still have lots, must have taken 1000s of them), and the cherry on top of it all my first BIF of the black shouldered kite. I was really impressed by the D7000's autfocus abilities, I had to crop a lot and if it didn't focus perfectly this would have to go to the bin.

#1. Australian Black Shouldered Kite: Long way from home:

19320906146_6c4da89eec_z_d.jpg

#2. Leave me alone:

19266880801_ef781f5ec0_z_d.jpg

#3. The king moving away, visibly annoyed!

19346946045_fdcdec4c44_z_d.jpg

#4. Indian Mithun, these are HUGE!!

18724353114_4b5ef6b744_z_d.jpg

#5. Four horned antelope

19298763141_9673851120_z_d.jpg

#6. Dhole: Indian wild dogs, although only a little larger than jackals, these are ferocious! There are reported incidents where a pack of dhole had even killed a tiger:

19351054291_bc8a997e1c_z_d.jpg

Nice set! The bird shot is great, and the snake, too - great lines overall and I like the motion blur on the tongue.

Absolutely gorgeous Raj. But then, you already had my opinion on that deer. Seriously, I'm in love with it.

Well you picked up right where you left of with excellence but better image quality for sure.

Nice set! The bird shot is great, and the snake, too - great lines overall and I like the motion blur on the tongue.
Thanks Leonore! :)
Absolutely gorgeous Raj. But then, you already had my opinion on that deer. Seriously, I'm in love with it.
Thanks Barb! I dont know what you're talking about, scott want's to kiss it though! ;) Welcome back :)
Well you picked up right where you left of with excellence but better image quality for sure.
Thanks Dave! :)

Very nice set, Raj. Is that Mithun a wild ox or buffalo?

Very nice set Raj. I think my favorite is the Dhole both because of the quality of the photo and because it's a fascinating animal I've never heard of before.

Very nice set Raj. I think my favorite is the Dhole both because of the quality of the photo and because it's a fascinating animal I've never heard of before.
Thanks Donde, it's the same for me, I love those animals. It's actually considered an achievement to spot one in the wild! :)

Raj, very nice shots. I must confess that I had never heard of the animals in numbers 4, 5 and 6. When I saw the Dhole, it immediately thought of a dingo, but the tail is different, although the colouring is similar. I wonder what its ancestry is?

WesternGuy

Very interesting wildlife! Great images!

Great work Raj
Thanks dolina.
Very interesting wildlife! Great images!
Thanks spiralout, although most of them are technically zoolife! :lol:
Raj, very nice shots. I must confess that I had never heard of the animals in numbers 4, 5 and 6. When I saw the Dhole, it immediately thought of a dingo, but the tail is different, although the colouring is similar. I wonder what its ancestry is?

WesternGuy
You got me really curious, and I spent the last half an hour studying their origin. I'm no closer to finding out, except for the fact that there's plenty of debate on who it's ancestors were. I found something called the Chinese C. majori, which is the earliest known member of the family, but I couldn't find even an illustration of it on the internet. Strange!
BTW if you haven't heard of the mithun, try googling Gaur, they can leave Ronnie Coleman with shame.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back