a moment in time

2493photography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
a photo i took a while back and PP'd it for nicer sharper colours and contrast. again, all input is welcome. just don't be rude or moronic...

ab9b8428e110199a04319c80a1d8bf65_small.jpg

no exif sorry

Good idea, but I have done this kind of shot. You need a larger water droplet, a closer shot, and more careful exposure without slightly overblown highlights. I would also experiment with a polarizing filter to control the glare on the leaf.

skieur

It strikes me as a picture someone would have as a background, to be honest. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing. I like it, could have been better. But I like it.

P.S. Skieur is right about the water droplet, gotta be bigger, yeah.

@skieur: larger water droplet was impossible, this was the maximum size at which the leaf would hold it. it was raining... closer was also impossible, this was maximum magnification. the highlights were overexposed in PP to give it a glowing, eery look, so i think this one's debatable. my polariser is at the bottom of a lake right now so i couldn't use it, and also i had real issues with exposure (4 macro filters really cut the available light when it's dark anyway since it's cloudy and raining). and coming back again to the highlights you can see the leaf is not overexposed, just the drop, and i did it to accentuate it.

@TR: well, i've printed it and someone has it as a wall decoration and it looks nice. i don't really understand what you mean by a background. glad you do like it and that's why i'm here, because i too believe it could be better. but the water droplet, not gonna happen. maybe in a controlled experiment but otherwise no way...

anyway thanks for the input guys :)

"Background" as in "screen background" on your computer, isn't it also sometimes called "wallpaper"?

Like the one I am having on mine, which incidentally is a droplet against a green background ;) (see_here - it is a screenshot of my "background").

As the forum's notorious LOVER of the colour green as it shows in nature, this photo, of course (!), holds a fascination for me that is given by the colours, mostly so of the background.

However, it is the glare on the leaf - the one aspect that you thought you might want to enhance - that really bugs me personally, it is way overblown and looks like a technical flaw. So you might want to return to the original (unless YOU yourself like it this way, in the end this is YOUR photo and we can only voice OUR opinions).

Also the photo does not look all sharp to me, now - of course - I don't know what it looks like in print, but here on my screen, I can see some sort of ... not a halo, it is not that! ... brighter, soft lining around both leaf and droplet. Is that maybe also the result of your attempt to make the wet part shine more? Is it a halo, after all? :scratch:

IMO
Its too green, theres some blue showing up in the water on the leaf, could be sky reflection or a bi-product of saturation.
Nothing wrong with a green leaf on a green background, but if the leaf is the subject, mebbe a calmer more sedated background green would concentrate focus on the leaf and its droplet.
It is a bit soft, shallow depth of focus has me chasing up and down the leaf edge looking for sharp.

rude/moronic/opinion/end

:lovey:

It's like soo many other pics i'v see. Be mor original

Most reactions

Back