A Moment...

All kidding aside... Congrats! Getting that one awesome shot is a rare event.
:cheer:

I shot a wedding a few years back and one shot just took my breath away. Natural light, in the church from the choir loft. I swear, the bride was glowing.... Like she had a spot light on her. I don't think that I had ever been affected like that by a photo that I took. It's a great feeling! :sillysmi:

I've definately looked at a fresh contact contact sheet and thought "Oh yeah, that's a good one. That's gonna make gramma cry." It's exciting and I feel good, but somehow I don't quite think it's the same level of feeling as what you experienced.

The shots that drop me to my knees are the ones I missed or f*cked up. The best shot of a Colorado vacation, one of the best shots of that year, and probably one of the best environmental portraits I've ever taken was on one of my first rolls of med format film, and I f*cked up loading the developing reel, and got reel clip marks right across the guy's face. I still get woozy thinking about it.

I've never cried from a shot because it was a masterpiece, but have cried from shots because they had a lot of personal meaning to me. when my grandmother passed away, i found an old shot of her that really seemed to capture her essence to me, but that meaning gets lost when try to take that personal experience and explain it to others.

vonnagy said:
I've never cried from a shot because it was a masterpiece, but have cried from shots because they had a lot of personal meaning to me. when my grandmother passed away, i found an old shot of her that really seemed to capture her essence to me, but that meaning gets lost when try to take that personal experience and explain it to others.

thats what im running into..i think of the picture as a living thing, but thats difficult to express to others...

md

anybody who is still interested, im gonna post it in the gallery thread

md

Most reactions

New Topics

Back