a most annoying purple glow

Kerri

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have a new Konica Minolta 5D camera and have been taking pictures of wintery scenes of wildlife, elk, deer etc. Subject against snow. I get a navy blue to purply glow outlining the subject. I read in a photography magazine, which didn't elaborate, that to correct this you should increase the fstop setting?

To be honest, I'm an SLR newbie in that I've only taken pictures in auto white balance and just begun to experiment with the different ISO settings. I'd love to learn how to correct this glow situation before tackling a different photography challenge.

Any ideas?

Welcome to the forum.

If you could post an example, that would help a lot. Purple fringing, would lead me to think it could be chromatic aberration but I could be wrong. What lens are you using with the camera? What aperture settings have you been seeing this with?

It's a bad lens probably. Increasing the fstop number helps, but you can't always do it.

Welcome

It's been with 75-300mm zoom lens. Thank you for the correct terminology. I searched for purple fringing and found examples. That's exactly what's going on.

Cheaper lenses in the 75-300 range are often less than spectacular...especially when fully zoomed and/or with the aperture wide open.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back