A motel and a car

Fox Paw

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Criticisms are always appreciated.

Oldcarintown.jpg

I like the image, but would suggest a perspective correction if possible as well as a slight contrast boost. The conversion is very mid-tone rich and would benefit from a little more black and white.

Thanks for the suggestions, tirediron. I think you're right about the contrast but I don't understand what you mean by a perspective correction.

If you look at the foreground, you'll notice that the lamp-post and the entrance way to thehotel are both angled slightly to the right, but if you look in the background, the power poles seem vertical. This is a result of the way you held the camera; both PaintShop Pro and and Photoshop have software tools which will help to correct this, so that all of the lines which should be vertical appear vertical in the image.

Got it. Thanks again.

On edit: I did what you suggested. I'd never used the perspective-correction tool before. I had always just distorted the photo into shape. The tool works better.

I can't do much with the contrast before things start breaking up. This has more, but the difference isn't very visible here.

Rev2oldcar.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back