A natural progression

i think you lost something with the crop. the first set has a nice balance, the off-center subjects are properly weighted when side-by-side. the cropped version is a little like it's being spoon-fed to us. i also like the hints of clouds in the first version, and the horizontal format.

Ok I'm posting to discuss the crop. I do like what you did with it, it makes the shots tighter and shines more focus on the center. However as gypsy points out the extra negative space also gave it something. If you can try doing this, have the first off center to the left. Have the second perfectly centered and make the third offset to the right. I think it would add a sense of balance to the original shots. That might be what was lost in the translation. Roll that around and see how it comes out.

kilifila66 said:
If you can try doing this, have the first off center to the left. Have the second perfectly centered and make the third offset to the right. I think it would add a sense of balance to the original shots. That might be what was lost in the translation. Roll that around and see how it comes out.

I was actually thinking about that. I'll see if I can have it posted by tomorrow... I need some sleep!

I suppose I must be the odd ball. I definitely prefer the first set. This is about much more than just the flower... it is about life and the world around the flower as well. The original set has the points of life for the flower, but also that the world is large, dramatic, and can be overwhelming. With the rectangle images the shots appear more dramatic with the story making it about more than just a flower...... or at least that is my take on it.

spiralout said:
birthlifedeath1small.jpg

Boy doesnt this picture just sum up LIFE!! Life starts out small then becomes big and prosperous and then shrivels away to nothing....

Or another way that you can look at this is like a "OK Day" a "Fantastic Day" & and "Crappy Day" to illustrate different moods similar to a mood ring...

Did that just make any sense??

-iSellJerseyShore

that is the coolest thing...how neat to hear other people's perspective... great job..

and just killer series... love the dog outta this......really inspired idea...

Most reactions

Back