a nervous first time poster, c&c please

gbos1016

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Alright, I have been a member for a while now and have been nervous to post because sometimes you guys are mean. Not really, I like the honesty. This was not a posed shot, my son had just handed his mom her birthday present (which happens to be on christmas day). The original shot is over exposed, but I turned it b&w and put some PS on it. Let me know what you think.

Original pic
3178778842_c80ef16ec9.jpg

Final
3178780322_797e212b9b.jpg

It's really nice, and the black-and-white makes it. Just one thing -- I'd take it down a bit. Specifically darken the white wall in the upper right, as well as her ear and neck area, so those things don't take attention away from their faces. The faces can come down just a bit, too, especially your son's bright cheek. But very nice!

Thanks Mr Sanders, I am going to take it down a little and darken that wall.

This is better.

3179017910_362c966e10.jpg

Last edited:
It's not really overexposed. The little boy's face is a little hot, but all in all it looks good. I can tell you used a direct flash, that's why you have the hard shadows, but they're pretty well hidden.

It's better to have a photo that's a bit bright with no blown highlights that you can darken then a dark photo you have to lighten.

I think you did a really nice job recovering from that dead-on flash. Looks nice, and a nice moment besides.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back