A new (old) member

MrQuestion

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
@terri

Dear Admin
For some reason I can't seem to send you a PM. I get an error that my content is somehow inappropriate?? So please forgive this post - it's an attempt to resolve an issue I'm having with my "real" account (I only created this account so I could contact you, as sending email via the contact form didn't seem to work either)

I had not been on the forum in quite a while, but in the past I had been a pretty regular contributor. I have never had any indication that I had done anything inappropriate or against the rules here. I was under the impression that I had been a member in good standing.

However, a couple of days ago, I tried to log in after a long absence, but when I did I was met with a message that I was banned. The reason given was s p a m. This was very confusing to me as I'm 99.999% sure I have never posted anything that could be considered spam. I was able to do a search for posts I made under my original forum name "BasilFawlty" and I could not find anything that could have been considered SPAM.

I did try to email you through the contact form but so far have not received a reply so don't know if my email went to the junk folder.

I apologize for making this temporary additional account, but I am requesting that my original account (BasilFawlty) be reinstated and IF I actually posted something I wasn't supposed to I'd appreciate knowing what it was so that I won't repeat the offense.

I have been running an auto related forum myself for over 20 years (using this same software by the way) and I am very sensitive to not allowing SPAM on my own forum. I can't imagine that I'd have posted anything inappropriate here, at least not intentionally.

I'd really appreciate it if you could look into this and let me know the status email me at the address associated with my original account (BasilFawlty), or the email associated with this temp account, which ever is easier.

Respectfully,
BasilFawlty

Last edited by a moderator:
@terri

Dear Admin
For some reason I can't seem to send you a PM. I get an error that my content is somehow inappropriate?? So please forgive this post - it's an attempt to resolve an issue I'm having with my "real" account (I only created this account so I could contact you, as sending email via the contact form didn't seem to work either)

I had not been on the forum in quite a while, but in the past I had been a pretty regular contributor. I have never had any indication that I had done anything inappropriate or against the rules here. I was under the impression that I had been a member in good standing.

However, a couple of days ago, I tried to log in after a long absence, but when I did I was met with a message that I was banned. The reason given was s p a m. This was very confusing to me as I'm 99.999% sure I have never posted anything that could be considered spam. I was able to do a search for posts I made under my original forum name "BasilFawlty" and I could not find anything that could have been considered SPAM.

I did try to email you through the contact form but so far have not received a reply so don't know if my email went to the junk folder.

I apologize for making this temporary additional account, but I am requesting that my original account (BasilFawlty) be reinstated and IF I actually posted something I wasn't supposed to I'd appreciate knowing what it was so that I won't repeat the offense.

I have been running an auto related forum myself for over 20 years (using this same software by the way) and I am very sensitive to not allowing SPAM on my own forum. I can't imagine that I'd have posted anything inappropriate here, at least not intentionally.

I'd really appreciate it if you could look into this and let me know the status email me at the address associated with my original account (BasilFawlty), or the email associated with this temp account, which ever is easier.

Respectfully,
BasilFawlty

The punctuation before the @ sign was preventing the tag from working properly. I edited it so Terri will be tagged, and I also reported this message to bring it to the mod/admin attention. I don't see any issue with your account, but admins can see more than I can, so they'll check.

The punctuation before the @ sign was preventing the tag from working properly. I edited it so Terri will be tagged, and I also reported this message to bring it to the mod/admin attention. I don't see any issue with your account, but admins can see more than I can, so they'll check.
Thanks for the assistance on the tag. Not sure why I had punctuation where it didn't belong. Fat fingers I guess. I can't fathom why I'd be banned for spam, but hopefully the admins will see this and be able to help restore my old account.

I remember you... because of the user name! I'm a fan of John Cleese/Monty Python/Fawlty Towers.

I remember you... because of the user name! I'm a fan of John Cleese/Monty Python/Fawlty Towers.
I'm still hoping that my old account can be unbanned. I honestly have no idea why it was banned in the first place. Fingers crossed.

Thanks for the assistance on the tag. Not sure why I had punctuation where it didn't belong. Fat fingers I guess. I can't fathom why I'd be banned for spam, but hopefully the admins will see this and be able to help restore my old account.
These damn computers! They do what I tell them to do, not what I want them to do! I‘be been there many times! Welcome back!

I'm still hoping that my old account can be unbanned. I honestly have no idea why it was banned in the first place. Fingers crossed.
Sorry for all this confusion. It seems that your old account had indeed been wrongfully banned, but by the time I went to investigate it had already been restored! So "BasilFawlty" should be good to go - please give it a try. I do remember you! No issues at all with your account. Not certain how it got swept up in a ban, but it does happen occasionally.

I never received any of your queries due to formatting issues, as limr noted above. Again, sorry this took a minute to figure out, but you're good to go! :) Happy to see you back among us!

Sorry for all this confusion. It seems that your old account had indeed been wrongfully banned, but by the time I went to investigate it had already been restored! So "BasilFawlty" should be good to go - please give it a try. I do remember you! No issues at all with your account. Not certain how it got swept up in a ban, but it does happen occasionally.

I never received any of your queries due to formatting issues, as limr noted above. Again, sorry this took a minute to figure out, but you're good to go! :) Happy to see you back among us!
Yep, it seems to be back to normal again, thanks!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back