A Newbie's Photos

Alove

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey everyone, I'm new to the forum and pretty new to still photography (I do work in Film and Video production a lot though, and have worked as a DP a bit) but I'm really looking to get into still.

My mom recently decided to sell her house on the internet and had me take some pictures. Pretty much all taken at Magic Hour with practicals on a Canon point and shoot. I'm still trying to save up for the Rebel XSi, and a lens for a Rebel G. (Gotta love the Canon Rebel line!)

You'll probably notice I'm a fan of dutch tilts.

1)
IMG_1232.jpg

2)
IMG_1230.jpg

3)
IMG_1227.jpg

4)
IMG_1218.jpg

5)
IMG_1211.jpg

6)
IMG_1207.jpg

7)
IMG_1204.jpg

8)
IMG_1197.jpg

9)
IMG_1153.jpg

10)
IMG_1139.jpg

C&C is always appreciated. Thanks!

-Arthur

This isn't really the style of photography that I'm personally interested in, but I think you did a very good job with these. I think the tilt on a couple of them might be just a bit much, but otherwise I like them all. With the intent of showing off the house to potential buyers, I think you did a great job.

Very nice house too, by the way! I love the huge wall of windows in the living room, and what a view!!

Sorry, but I don't agree with BTilson. I have shot lots of these type of shots for a local realtor. Yes, your shots are nice, but...

I really don't know as much about the house as I'd like. I think the shots where the exterior of the house is well exposed are fine for a few of the shots. It shows what a great surrounding the house is in. But, I want to see some well exposed shots of the interior of the house. I want xtra wide shots from eye level.

These are better than the "typical" interiors that realtors shot with cheapo cameras, but not by much. Sorry, I'm not attempting to be a jerk, I just bet you could do better. You may even have to use your tripod and take 2 shots. One exposed for interior and one for exterior. Then mess with combining the shots.

They all seem a bit dark to me, mabye thats just my opinion, but there it is. Also, the tilt on some of them are a bit extreme and actually cause my eyes to wander and make me feel dizzy.

Now, for your purpose of trying to capture the inside feel of the house, these shots just seem inadiquate. I see how you have the house set up now, but I really cant seem to figure out the interior of the rooms, how they flow from one room to another, ect. If I was looking to buy a house and I was checking out pictures, I'd want to see pictures that show me where I can put a couch, how big a rug I can fit, if there is wall space for pictures, the layout of the kitchen, the differences in the rooms so I can decide which will be which, ect.

I'd just go back and try to capture what the house looks like more instead of just trying to compose a good shot becuase while a good shot in nice, thats all it is...if someone were checking out your pictures looking to buy, they'd say "Nice shot, but I dont know what the inside actually looks like."

I think #5 was a bit blurry, but I also am not experienced in anyway with photography like this, but I will say one thing---what a beautiful home. The views from the windows were incredible and breathtaking! I'd definitely be a buyer if I was looking to live in the desert....If you don't mind me asking, Utah?? Great shots!

Most reactions

Back