A nice shot, I think

to be clear; i like that there's nothing going on, so to make it black and white with even taking color away is a good exercise in composition and minimalism, making a good photo with 'nothing going on'

It is a very subtle landscape. The amount of blue sky at the top of the frame almost mirrors the proportion of water across the bottom of the photo. The photo has five main depth planes,and is a very "flat" type of landscape. THere is absolutely no hand of man visible anywhere within it, which has become more difficult to accomplish within 100 miles of any urban center these days; there are no jet trails in the sky, for example...

I would wager that this photo looks better and has more impact when seen large. On-screen at 1,000 pixels across, the impact is diluted, I am sure. This is a subtle photograph,and I can see why you're proud of it.

to be clear; i like that there's nothing going on, so to make it black and white with even taking color away is a good exercise in composition and minimalism, making a good photo with 'nothing going on'

What WimFoto said....

J.:mrgreen:

It is simple but that's what makes it good.

[This is me speaking in general, not to you personally]
I'm in the restaurant business, and we chef's have a saying "K.I.S.S." (Keep It Simple Stupid) Most of the time, the best things in life, are uncomplicated. :D

Most reactions

Back