A night at Mt. Rainier

what were your settings for the shot with the stars? i've tried that before and had no luck

WOW i have never seen a sky like this with stars like that. What am i seeing in the area of the snow covered peak of the mountain...appears to be stars in front of the mountain?? or is it just my eyes not working right

Thanks for the comments everyone!

I just notice that I posted this in 'Nature & Wildlife' instead of 'Landscape & Cityscape'. I guess that's what I get for doing this at 4:30 in the morning. :lol:This might not be the best place for this so if an admin would like to move it, I'm fine with that.
If you ask me, that is nature at its finest... Beautiful shots! :hail: Just my kind of stuff. Do you mind if I ask what EXIF data you had on the second?

Thanks for the comment! Here's the EXIF for the second shot:

Canon 5D Mark II & Canon 17-40L
Focal length: 17mm
Shutter: 20 seconds
Aperture: f/4
ISO 5000
*Four exposures were stacked in post-processing to reduce noise.

For me the second one is OUTSTANDING! Well worth the patience in my opinion. I am curious what time it was? Beautiful sky, perfect fill. Love it!

Thank you! The second shot was taken at 2:40 AM. I would have taken it earlier but I was waiting for the Moon to set. Unfortunately I ended up pulling an all-nighter to get these three shots.

WOW i have never seen a sky like this with stars like that. What am i seeing in the area of the snow covered peak of the mountain...appears to be stars in front of the mountain?? or is it just my eyes not working right

Thanks for your comment! The lights on the mountain are actually headlamps from teams of mountain climbers trying to reach the summit. Here's a 100% crop to better show the mountain:

fLf9h.jpg

Just saw the Rainer pic in the voting, how long of an exposure was that? Can I see your EXIF info? Very well done, I am envious of the fact that you got this shot and that you were there!

Fantastic images. Nicely done. I too feel that number two is my favorite. :drool:

All three shots are beautiful. I especially like the second one because the starry sky is spectacular!

Most reactions

Back