A personal challenge for all photographers who shoot nudes

Efergoh said:
Well....I guess it is a good thing that art is subjective...huh?

No, showing off was the last thing on my agenda. If that were the case, I probably would have had some sort of "enhancing" surgical procedure before hand.

Before I shot these, I studied male nudes from several different photographers, and emulated their styles and poses to the best of my ability. I apologize if you were offended by my fluglehorn.

No, I won't be sharing these photos with anyone else nor will they be published. I actually took that page down a few days ago. You must have had a look before and the images were cashed on yoru computer...

I meant no disrespect... I hope you know that.

Yes in honesty, I looked at them days ago, just never got around to posting a response... however I feel you deserved one for your bravery!

well, everything is everything.

if you are out in the rockies shooting elk at a watering hole, you dont have to spend time eating berries and being watchful of predators to avoid hypocracy. the elk are who they are, and you are simply recording this through an image for others to see. to experience an elk firsthand isnt necessary, just as posing nude yourself isnt necessary.

clearly, this is just a matter of feeling that you have to have a stronger connection to your work. instead of participating in one aspect, you look at it literally from a different perspective. i dont think something like this is a matter of saying "see, im not afraid to do it so everything is cool", i would think of it more as a matter of "i want to experience my work in as many different ways as i can so as to better myself at what i do and be more knowledgable", because man created clothing, and if anything should feel unnatural or uncomfortable it should be that we are being photographed with strange material hanging from our bodies.

...in other words, let it all hang out.

Sir!

First: I will tell you that I fully understand your logic givien that you served in the Corps.
Second: I also belive in the logic that if you cant follow, you cant lead! First rule of leadership is to get your hands dirty.
Sir!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back