Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC_5713_3511.JPG
DSC_5713_3511.JPG

Last edited:
404 Not Found
nginx/1.6.2

sorry. All fixed.

I love bridges, and I think this one has a lot of character, with the white seamlines in the concrete work.

I might suggest cropping out the slimy mud at the bottom (but then we'd lose the stream :-( )

Did you doctor the contrast any? I wonder if that might make the BG a little more vivid. (If you can re-shoot it) It might interesting to have a person in this as well, maybe looking over the bridge.

I love bridges, and I think this one has a lot of character, with the white seamlines in the concrete work.

I might suggest cropping out the slimy mud at the bottom (but then we'd lose the stream :-( )

Did you doctor the contrast any? I wonder if that might make the BG a little more vivid. (If you can re-shoot it) It might interesting to have a person in this as well, maybe looking over the bridge.
no it is pretty much sooc. I like the idea of the person looking over it. I actually have another version without the glimpse of the car crossing which I thought was better (for some reason avoiding people in landscape shops seems natural inclination) but now that you mention a person looking over the bridge I wonder if in some cases public disturbances in the frame might add to the image. I like this group of images though I took this came from, I like the feel of them. Nothing artsy. They also seem to give a good real representation of the actual place. I did notice I chopped off the top of the lamp post at the top on this one. oops.

I take that back. went and looked at the original and l had bumped the exposure a line and cropped the bottom off to 8x10 size (so I already lost part of the river)

Personally, I'm still confused as to what the subject is.

Personally, I'm still confused as to what the subject is.
This is a purpose photo it isn't intended to have a simple pronounced subject. I take quite a few of these. It is a representation and feel of the area, which may mean a lot to local residents or people that spend a lot of time there. If you are looking at this from your house in Nebraska, it may not mean much to you. If you are local and recognize it with a certain historical fondness then it will be considered in a different mentality. Far as a key subject, for the sake of putting it on your flikr or something it isn't that type of photo.

Example, I post some things occasionally online for local residents. I posted a similar one of a older building which was responded to by the multitude of people that once worked there going back through the seventies and it spurred conversation in the memory historical sense.

you might like this one better. Not much to it but I posted it online for a plug for the local art community just now. Had to run into the city today and took it while I was there..
Unfortunately I couldn't get it head on there was a car parked in front of it in the way but it serves its purpose. DSC_5850_3512.JPG
DSC_5850_3512.JPG

..... If you are looking at this from your house in Nebraska,............

I have a house in Nebraska? Cool! Just 48 more states to go! :biggrin-93:

I think the op is a good idea, but there is clearly some visual dissonance between the lightness of the colours and shapes in the upper part of the frame and the heavy and large block of concrete right in the centre. The is just too much of it , as I said right in the centre, so it creates an illusion of a lack of a focus point and the main object that was mentioned before. Still, it is a good image, I see what you were going for.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back