a pitchfork and a fire

Flower Child

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
took this with my moms coolpix point and shoot-- (my easyshare doesnt like night shots). kinda uneasy cause this is my first night shot ive put on here so please c&c. i didnt do anything to it, so how can i make it better?
fire013.jpg

I really, REALLY like the composition and mood of this shot. I agree with Ron about maybe using a faster shutter speed, but then you might've had to open up your aperture some, and I don't know how much leeway/control your camera offers in that area. A shot like this is where it's nice to have a DSLR with a fast lens and/or really good high ISO performance.

thanks for the advice Ron i appreciate it, unfortunatly i cannot control the shutter speed on that camera...or maybe i just dont know how...these are all the settings that are on it----Landscape, Portrait mode, Close-up, Museum, Party/indoor, Back light, Beach/snow, Night portrait, Fireworks, Night landscape, Panorama assist, Copy, Sports mode, Sunset--- i used night landscape.

and BTilson...thanks! yes i would give my right leg for a dang nikon d40 right now

I really, REALLY like the composition and mood of this shot. I agree with Ron about maybe using a faster shutter speed, but then you might've had to open up your aperture some, and I don't know how much leeway/control your camera offers in that area. A shot like this is where it's nice to have a DSLR with a fast lens and/or really good high ISO performance.

I don't know. I like the idea, but I didn't really enjoy the composition.

What time of day did you take this picture at?

How bout you light the pitchfork on fire?

compositionally speaking, personally, I would remove some of that empty sky. but i like it as a whole. the only problem to me is something you cant control..the graininess.

thanks everyone. yep-shoulda set the pitchfork on fire. now that woulda been an interesting picture. haha. i took this at about 7:00 p.m. i thought about cropping a bit of the sky out, dionysus, and i tried it but it was hard to distiguish that it was pitchfork because it cut out alot of handle. so i left it.

Now go play in PS or GIMP and correct the exposure, levels, contrast, saturation, brightness, etc.....

and then post the second picture.

Most reactions

Back