A plea for help

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by padrepaul77, Jan 30, 2009.

1. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I'm giving up on trying to post my pictures for now, as I am having all sorts of problems. I upload them from my canon just fine onto my PC, and do have a gallery on here, but run into all sorts of issues trying to post a picture. I don't think I'm an idiot :eek:)

1) Whenever I try to browse my PC for the file to put into my gallery, I get "invalid file." What the heck does that mean?

2) Whenever I try to upload something from my PC to this forum, I get "upload failed."

Other people clearly upload pictures here, with no problems - it is just quite aggravating to keep having issues. I'm obviously doing something wrong. I don't know why I can't place things in my gallery; is there something else I need to do other than browse and upload?

Many thanks and I hope to eventually post pictures!
    Paul

2. bigtwinky

bigtwinky No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Are you shooting in RAW?

If so, then your PC won't normally recognize RAW as a standard picture type and won't display the image when using Windows Explorer to Browse.

Same would go with websites (to my knowledge). You have to convert them to a recognized file type, preferably JPG.

Hope this helps

3. padrepaul77

padrepaul77 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    They are all JPEG files...I have no idea why the darn thing won't work...I'll keep tinkering or come back later after I cool down :eek:)

4. polymoog

polymoog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    See my post in your other thread :)