A plow.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by ImNick, Jan 27, 2010.

1. ImNick

ImNick TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    i took this one the other day. i enjoy the wood texture. critique please.

[​IMG]

2. Tulsa

Tulsa TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Its not that strong of a picture, I would keep trying, not sure if any editing would make it better. Sorry to be so harsh, but stay focused on growing your skills

3. ImNick

ImNick TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    It's ok to be harsh. i know what your saying about it not being strong. and im not much of a fan of editing pictures. with an exception of cropping. I think editing allows for people to take OK pictures and then make them outstanding instead of just taking outstanding photos.

4. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
    :lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao::lmao:

5. LokiZ

LokiZ TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Now bitter... <grin>

Nick, editing is used for a lot of reasons, but as I hope bitter is trying to convey, your above statement is not one of the more readily accepted reasons to edit. Editing is not magic, and if you look at what magic truly is "slight of hand and trickery" then as related to photography you truly do not want to trick people into thinking you have an "outstanding" image you want it to BE and outstanding image. And I would have to say magic on stage is a much easier sell then "magic" born from editing, at least when surrounded by your peers. (other photographers)

I think the composition needs work on this one. While I enjoyed the close up of the handle simply because it let me see just how much weathering the old plow had seen through the years I hardly think that this was the sole emphasis of the photo.

Unfortunately aside from cropping PP editing can't do a lot for composition in my opinon and since in this image I think the angle could use some work you won't see alot that PP can do for you.

With that out of the way I say keep trying subjects like old plows can be a great subject for still life imagery. As you stated above you are not a big fan of editing, that is a good place to be. Keep on!

Last edited: Jan 28, 2010
  6. bhphotography

bhphotography TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Interesting. I like the dof. Perhaps it may have been better if shot from the other angle (from the plow looking up)