A Polaroid SX-70 and the Maine coast

I'll have to ask my folks if they still have their SX-70.

Those have an extremely "old school" feel to them. I could easily be convinced that any (esp. #3) was shot before WWI.

Those have an extremely "old school" feel to them. I could easily be convinced that any (esp. #3) was shot before WWI.

That's what I like about this film. This first pack was about making sure I could get good exposures. IP film is super sensitive to light even after it leaves the camera, so even though it's rated at ISO 160, I've found that I had to shoot it as if it's faster, and be really careful with keeping it totally covered for the first half hour or so after shooting it.

Now that I'm getting the hang of that, I plan on using it for shots that suit that old-timey feel.

Nice images. I like the first one a lot.

Nice, those are lovely. I love using the SX-70, wonderful camera.

I found after awhile using the Impossible Project film that I got into a process of flipping the photo over right away (or tuck it in a pocket or under a book or whatever). It got to be a routine so that even with their most recent films that you don't really have to protect from light as much as the earlier films, I still flip them over and keep face down for awhile before I peek!

Nice, those are lovely. I love using the SX-70, wonderful camera.

I found after awhile using the Impossible Project film that I got into a process of flipping the photo over right away (or tuck it in a pocket or under a book or whatever). It got to be a routine so that even with their most recent films that you don't really have to protect from light as much as the earlier films, I still flip them over and keep face down for awhile before I peek!

Thanks, Sharon :)

The frog tongue helps tremendously to keep it shielded in those first few seconds. After the print shoots out, I'll flip the whole camera over to hold it towards my body so I can pull the print out from under the tongue while face-down. I'll keep it in a pocket or in my bag and somehow I resist peeking at it for at least 20 minutes :)

Awesome, creative use of film and camera. Amazing really.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

Agreed,these have an old-timey look to them, with their soft lens look that was so valued at one time, before the obsession with sharpness and hard-edged image rendering on every shot took over.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back