A portrait of my cat - critiques welcome!

crazy_dragonlady

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's one of my cat. She was sitting in the sunshine streaming in from the window and I got down on the floor beside her with my Kodak EasyShare C633 digital camera and shot some photos. This is one of the best.

What do y'all think? (This is NOT a crop that's how it was from the camera!:D )

mouseyportrait1.jpg

ttfn
CDL.

The lighting is too harsh. I know we always want to grab shots of our cats when they are lying so nicely in the sun, but it's hard because the sun creates such harsh shadows and contrasts. Maybe you could lighten it up a bit

maybe this would have been better with the cat facing the sun so that the light was on his face.

I do like the framing and I think you have a VERY cute cat!

i have only taken one portrait of my cat... and i took it indoors which is a different setting

here is my shot... i am just showing you my encounter not trying at all to take away from your protrait!

2214630662_33fbc07f52.jpg

I realize that the contrast in that image is quite high but that was the effect I was going for actually. This one you can actually see her face a little better and I think it's just a more pleasing photo.

side note: these photos were taken inside in our computer room with a point and shoot digital camera.

mousey_sunedit.jpg

Is that one better?

ttfn
CDL.

That one is better. A high contrast look is fine, but you don't want it to be so high contrast that you can't see her (his?) face, you know? I like the second :)

Most reactions

Back