a pretty good light show

marmots

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
it was storming pretty hard for a while, but when the rain stopped the lightning was still going. so i got my camera and tripod, put it on bulb, pseudo focused it and started shooting. unfortunately i didnt get the focus right, i was too concentrated on not missing the lightning and didnt try too hard on the focus. it looked pretty good on my camera screen, which was the only way i could see the focus, but it wasn't good when i got it on my computer.

_MG_1994.jpg

_MG_2016.jpg

_MG_1992.jpg

_MG_1995.jpg

The 3rd and the 4th ones are my favorites, the first two just don't do it for me. Like you said they are a bit OOF, especially with the bolt in #4, so I'd have to say the 3rd is my favorite.

I would crop out whatever that is on the top of all the photos. Something you're standing under?

As someone who would love to try shooting lightning, I too would like to know how to go about focusing at night. Manual focus obviously, but then what?

I would crop out that black bar that goes across the top I'm not sure its because of your camera settings or if its part of your roof or something. They look pretty nice to me number 4 is my favorite.

What kind of lens were you using? Next time, I would try manually focusing the lens to infinity.

I like #4, whats at the top of the other photos?

What kind of lens were you using? Next time, I would try manually focusing the lens to infinity.

I like #4, whats at the top of the other photos?

i did focus it to infinity

Most reactions

New Topics

Back