a quick self portrait...

I can't believe that I'm doing this because I promised that I never would. However...

My first pack cost me 18 cents in the machine. Machines never took pennies. You'd put in two dimes and there would be two pennies in the cellophane wrapper. Fifty years of three packs/day adds up to roughly a million cigarettes and I can honestly say that I enjoyed every one of them. I quit (cold turkey) four years ago not because of health concerns but because of cost (I live in New Jersey). I have since learned that I have emphysema, which is incurable and it will probably kill me rather painfully. I don't use oxygen (yet) but I can't walk twenty feet without stopping for a rest.

I have an excuse. When I was young, we didn't know any better. However, kids your age do. Don't be a fool.

im sorry for your illness, and that this thread has sparked those memories from you.

i do know what im doing to myself, and it doesnt (yet) bother me. i enjoy my life as it is. there was a quote i saved a while back that read:

I'd rather die living than to live dead
...and i believe in that and i enjoy everything i do and indulge myself in everything i can. be it racing cars (on the track), racing my motorcyles (also on the track), and everything in between. even smoking.

i like to experience everything. im sure it sounds stupid, and i know how others feel about smoking. to be honest thats yet another reason why i do it. if im not pissing someone off somewhere then obviously im doing something wrong.

granted i havent lived that long and havent seen the changes some here have, but i have lived long enough to see how this country has changed. people are a bunch of cry babies these days and its irritating. heaven forbid you do something at least one person doesnt like or you'll be yelled at, called non-pc, or sued...or worse.

sorry for the rant. im just tired of not being able to do anything anymore lest i happen to offend someone. personally, the only thing that offends me is someone else trying to tell me how to live my life.

(that wasnt directed at you, plato, just in general. i do appreciate your help and what you're trying to say. i get it...i really do. its just not something i want for me just yet. i've quit before for just over a year, and then started back up because i wanted to. until i want to for me again, its not something thats going to happen.)

Fair enough.

:goodvibe:

Stop smoking, fool!

why? i enjoy it. :)
Yeah, stop if you're gonna blow smoke like that. The smoke makes your face look deformed. Ever heard the saying "less is more"? I think that if you had some back light to accentuate the smoke from the cig in your hand and then just have your head in your hand, it would be a much more "telling" image.

I really like the lines and angles you have created. Shame about the background, but don't try to "fake it" as others have shown how fake it looks.

My first pack cost me 18 cents in the machine. Machines never took pennies.
Remember when you could stop by the local store, get a pack of smokes and a beer and get change back from a dollar bill? Hell, with a fiver I could fill up the car as well.

Didn't want to mention it last night but you guys were in photography 11 years before I was born :D

Is this a photo forum or a healthcare one?

LMAO!

The man asked for opinions on his photo, not on his life choices... or did I get this wrong?

Unbelievable!

Most reactions

Back