a quick self portrait...

Chammer, I really dug what you wrote there.

I'm not a smoker, and don't even particularely like it, but I respect your right to do as you please. You're comments were extremely well articulated.

Cool photos too, especially #2.

thank you, chairman! i do respect people at the same time though, and if asked not to smoke (or if i can see its bothering someone) i simply wont do it if i cant be out of the way. all i ask in return is if im smoking then dont walk up to me and tell me "omg thats so nasty! its going to kill you!". to me thats just as rude. :)

have seen shots like #2 a lot, and wanted to try it myself. :)

You have the same problem I have when using a self-timer: the camera is focused not on you, but on the background. This doesn't change once you are in the picture so, here, the background is more in focus than you are. Not ideal for portraits of any kind.
Remote release, or a friend/assistant are the solutions.

You have the same problem I have when using a self-timer: the camera is focused not on you, but on the background. This doesn't change once you are in the picture so, here, the background is more in focus than you are. Not ideal for portraits of any kind.
Remote release, or a friend/assistant are the solutions.

I can't review the pic right now because the company firewall blocks me but, as best that I can remember, you've nailed it!

So busy with my speech for the Life Choices Award I forgot to tell you I like the 1st portrait. Background is a bit too busy and a fill flash or reflector on the right would have been nice.

Second one doesn't do anything for me though.

My first pack cost me 18 cents in the machine. Machines never took pennies.
Remember when you could stop by the local store, get a pack of smokes and a beer and get change back from a dollar bill? Hell, with a fiver I could fill up the car as well.

kundalini, I am your age and don't remember that. You must not have smoked the right kind of sh•t :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back