A quick visit.

Hertz van Rental

We're supposed to post photos?
Reaction score
In keeping with my knack of being in the right place at the right time with a camera...
Actually I was there as part of my job but even so :lol:

Attachments

• $P1200848.jpg
    $P1200848.jpg
    158.8 KB · Views: 161
  • $P1200868.jpg
    $P1200868.jpg
    152.1 KB · Views: 163
Must have been exciting! Thanks so much for sharing the pics with us. (Is that Camilla in the second shot? Was there some occasion for the Prince's visit? Where exactly was he going? Does he have his own train or carriage for travelling? And any other info you can provide).

Oh, and is the woman (mayor?) doing a no-no by proffering her hand?

Oh!
Well, that IS a knack!

Was there some occasion for the Prince's visit? Where exactly was he going? Does he have his own train or carriage for travelling?

He was doing lots of things to-day. He'd been to various places in Lincolnshire and had several engagements in Stamford.
Here's one.
Then he went off to King's Lynn at about 5.30pm for more engagements.
Camilla wasn't with him - unless she was on the train.
The Royals have their own train. It's beautiful and the Queen, at least, loves to use it.

The whole thing was over in a couple of minutes. I was using burst fire (I had to make sure I got pictures of my boss shaking the Royal hand) with available light - surrounded by very important local people and Special Branch. For some reason they thought I was important too - the Lord Mayor apologising for being in my way. I told him it was quite all right :lmao:

(I had to make sure I got pictures of my boss shaking the Royal hand) with available light - surrounded by very important local people and Special Branch. For some reason they thought I was important too - the Lord Mayor apologising for being in my way. I told him it was quite all right :lmao:
Your boss is very lucky to have a photographer of your calibre (44, isn't it?) available to capture the moment for him....no do-overs for something like this, eh wot?

And too funny re the apology from the Lord Mayor! Sounds like a funny, surreal and enjoyable few minutes you had there!

Not bad for the 'short straw' eh? The 2nd photo is especially nice. :)

Most reactions

Back