"A Quiet Evening" | Downtown Mystic

I really like it and I think I would love it if that one light wasn't dead center frame. But still undecided on the grain :apthy:

I really like it and I think I would love it if that one light wasn't dead center frame. But still undecided on the grain :apthy:

I did add the grain in post, if that helps your decision... [emoji6]

Can we see the version without grain ?

I'll post the SOOC and a toned down version when I get outta work. [emoji106]

I'm not usually crazy about B&W but I really like this shot! Is the Mystic Connecticut?

CRAP. Sorry Bill... I did the grain in Nik-Silver Efex... so I'd have to re-edit, and I can guarantee it wouldn't look the same. So I guess we'll just have to imagine...

I really like the life preserver wording and the depth of field is awesome.

I like this a lot. It is peaceful and serene (until they blow the warning!) :icon_thumleft:

I put the photo in so I could look at while I type. I like the leading lines and how you made the grain. I do a lot of night shooting and I tend to fall into the
f8 or so trap because I fell in love with the star bursts in the lights. In my defense I do a lot of night landscapes. I have trouble with b & w but it's an area I have not spent much time so this helps me out. Very nice shot it has atmosphere.

Thanks for the kind words all. [emoji5]️

looks good to me. I am not sure I would change anything

I like this, especially the DOF and focal point. The OOF foreground drew me right into the photo. Also love the tone and grainy look. Nice work.

I like this, especially the DOF and focal point. The OOF foreground drew me right into the photo. Also love the tone and grainy look. Nice work.

Thank you! Yeah, I think the shallow DOF really brings the shot together here. I wish I had a 200 f2 for this shot!

Thank you! Yeah, I think the shallow DOF really brings the shot together here. I wish I had a 200 f2 for this shot!

Wow, I just realized this was shot at 200. I would have guessed lower.

Is the d800 sweet or what?

Most reactions

Back