A real Butte

ccd333

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
community.webshots.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Early morning silhouette......easternmost of the Pawnee Buttes in northeastern Colorado.

Sony DSC-W1
ISO 100
f/4
1/100s
Manfrotto 676B monopod

DSC02298.jpg

Great colors and a really nice exposure! Two comments that come to mind are that it looks a little oversharpened (may just be me) and I would consider losing some of the empty space on the right.

Chase, I did sharpen it a tad to accentuate the silhouette. My Sony camera takes pretty sharp pictures as it is....so it didn't take much. I wanted the space on the right to offset the mountain so that it wasn't right in the center of the image....and to give it more of a pano (albeit cropped) format.

Thanks for your comments.

i see what you're trying to accomplish with the pano effect, but the empty space does seem a bit much. regarding sharpness, it's more than i'd like, but all of your images are that way. i remember having a discussion with you several months ago about sharpness. i believe you mentioned increasing sharpness values in camera prior to shooting...am i right? if it works for you...great!

i think you've done well here; colors and exposure are spot on!

Jon, you have a great memory....my camera has three settings for sharpness. Ironically, I had it set to low for this shot....hence the post processing bump. I think it does work for this particular image. Other times I like to de-emphasize the sharpness. It depends on the situation.

Great shot. I am wondering if it is over sharpening or not? Seems to be too much of a halo even for sharpening, could it be from the Sun? Another take would be to crop on the left and top a bit to accenuate the open space. Very good picture in any case

Most reactions

New Topics

Back