A Real Gem.

Bitter Jeweler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
4170844142_e94bec3855_o.jpg

Wow, very nice. I tried doing one of these once and it's a lot harder than I expected.

Very nice - - top bevel looks like it could be cleaned up a bit.

What stone is that?

Yeah manaheim, the image just doesn't do it justice.
I missed the blown top facets from focusing in live view on the bottom prong.
Just can't capture the real life scintillation of this fancy yellow diamond.
Unfortunately it's gone now. I can't spend much time at work on photography, but I am going to keep trying to capture the interesting things that come through.

What's your lighting setup? It looks like you have a front flash and an overhead.

TBH, I think you just missed the mark with the lights and hit those top bevels too straight on.

Apart from that, nicely done.

The lighting is overhead flourescents only. Trying to make the best of what I can in my small shop. The halogens in the showroom give better sparkle, but intense shadows. I may try a small soft box, not the right term, but you know, a small white paneled baox to shoot in, but I think that will diminish the reflection/refraction. I also have to do this stuff on the fly, so I have to come up with a quick set up.

Like I said, the top facets kill me. Didn't see them focusing in live view.

Very nice , how much would that set you back. Or did J-lo drop it off to get cleaned?

I got this light tent after several DIY attempts that would tear if you looked at it the wrong way. It folds up small too and I can easily carry it to one of my clients (pottery).

Well your subject is centered and there's a portion that's blown ou....

Only kidding of course. It's gorgeous and I'm sure a picture doesn't do it justice.

Most reactions

Back