A recent senior

zelseman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im pretty new at making money for taking pictures, but here is one of my recent shoots. Let me know what you think.
Kalie12.jpg

Kalie10.jpg

Kalie18.jpg

Kalie29.jpg

Kalie38.jpg

Kalie40.jpg

Kalie5.jpg

Kalie52.jpg

I like the last one. The facial expression is great.

thanks. Any in depth critique is much appreciated

Very nice shots....I hope to one day make the move into taking senior portraits for money as well. Just a little critique for ya: I really like her facial expression in 8 but the pose seems somewhat awkward and distracting to me and in 5 maybe just a tad bit more lighting on her body would give that pic alot more emphasis. Overall though I thought these were really good. Nice job!

Nice shots overall. More in depth critique is usually achieved by posting 3-4 pictures in a thread, so people can focus their critique a bit more.

More in depth critique is usually achieved by posting 3-4 pictures in a thread, so people can focus their critique a bit more.
:thumbup::thumbup:

I will note that in general they seem slightly softly focused, all appear to have a yellow/orange cast, and several need to be levelled/straightened.

:thumbup::thumbup:

I will note that in general they seem slightly softly focused, all appear to have a yellow/orange cast, and several need to be levelled/straightened.
I think my sigma 24-60 2.8 is having some slight focus issues. Its extremely sharp when it focuses, but i think its front focusing a bit.
The photos are exactly how they looked. it was a pretty bright day, with some harsh sun.
Which one needs to be straightened? I straightened most of them in pp.
Thanks for the help on these.
Overall as a customer, paying a lot less than most local photographers, would you be pleased?

good. The customer was very happy, but i think im going to send in my lense to sigma for callibration. Its a tad out of whack. Thanks for the responses

The one i like the least is the 5th one.. The processing on it just does nothing for the image.

How about this as a substitute to 5.
Kalie37.jpg

I think my sigma 24-60 2.8 is having some slight focus issues. Its extremely sharp when it focuses, but i think its front focusing a bit.
The photos are exactly how they looked. it was a pretty bright day, with some harsh sun.
Which one needs to be straightened? I straightened most of them in pp.
Thanks for the help on these.
Overall as a customer, paying a lot less than most local photographers, would you be pleased?
2, 3 and 8 all have major horiztonal or vertical elements which aren't horizontal or vertical. Remember to always look at your subject, and make sure they're not slouching or leaning in a way that will look "wrong" in the final image.

The bold statement concerns me. Regardless of how much a customer is paying, they are paying. Part of what they're paying for is your expertise. Why would you shoot in harsh sunlight?

2, 3 and 8 all have major horiztonal or vertical elements which aren't horizontal or vertical. Remember to always look at your subject, and make sure they're not slouching or leaning in a way that will look "wrong" in the final image.

The bold statement concerns me. Regardless of how much a customer is paying, they are paying. Part of what they're paying for is your expertise. Why would you shoot in harsh sunlight?
I advised her against the harsh sunlight of the middle of the day, but she insisted that was the only time she could do it. A reflector/diffusor helped, but its still rather harsh.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back