A reminder

....and yeah, post 'em if you got 'em gang...

035s.jpg

..homemade pinhole bodycap for Pentax K1000, HP5, 4 sec, cloudy bright.

Woot!

It's been a long time since I've broken Schooner out (so called because she looks like this: )

IMG_2584
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I've still got some sheets of Harman Direct Positive left, so I think I'll be making some paper positives this weekend.

Here's one of the last ones I made:

Day 350 - Snowy Caddy pinhole
by limrodrigues, on Flickr

I haven't done much pinholing (is that a word?) yet, but rain Sat. and clearing Sun. so I'll see what I can get. It is fun, there's something about the simplicity of it. (And maybe I'll finish up a pack of Polaroid film while I'm at it.)

Sunday was dull to start with flat light. Stopped by my latest favourite subject anyway and did a couple of frames, then a soft beam of sunlight broke through suddenly making the trip worthwhile.

HP3006es.jpg

I read once about converting an extra body cap into a pinhole cap for a DSLR. Any of you tried that yet? In Japan so developing film would be a really difficult endeavor.

I read once about converting an extra body cap into a pinhole cap for a DSLR. Any of you tried that yet? In Japan so developing film would be a really difficult endeavor.

I haven't don't it myself but I know it can be done. Cut a small square in the cap, glue a metal plate on (this can be taken from a soda can), make the pinhole, color the plate black. The procedure is simple enough, then. The fussy part is making the pinhole. If you want to be very precise, you'd want to measure the length from the sensor to the pinhole to determine the ideal size hole, and then when making the hole, you want to get the edges as clean as possible.

I'm sure there are tons of instructions out there. For calculations, you can go to http://www.mrpinhole.com/

I shot most of a 24-exposure roll in the Ondu but haven't gotten it developed yet. Hopefully by the weekend!

The clean edges are to reduce diffraction and keep the image as sharp as possible??

ready made pinholes of the correct shape and diameter can be purchased mounted on a body cap that fits a DSLR. Homemade ones just add to the hobby fun a bit, and yes, roundness, diameter and the thickness of the metal all count

The clean edges are to reduce diffraction and keep the image as sharp as possible??

I like the old barn. And the tree by the river... I hope to get around to some belated pinholing this summer.

Most reactions

Back