A river shot

StreetShark

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Well I went out today and this was the only shot that I really liked. What do you think?

454644423_5858583c92.jpg

Do you have a more detailed shot? It's hard to judge such a low-res photo. On another note, the tree in the foreground is rather distracting.

I like the uncropped version better actually. The sky in the crop is so short, it feels claustrophobic. But then again...the sky is blown out and not really adding any interest. My eye keeps scanning around trying to find the subject (yeh, yeh...I know it's the river) of the image...

kudos on braving the snow and freezing water!

I think you should keep the sky for balance and try to shop out some of the shrubs in the front. It also reems rather grey to me.

yea, i like the idea, but a bit to grey for my taste and i too have trouble finding the subject

The tree doesnt bother me too much, and I like the sky blown out. The tone of the b&w could be played with a little.

hmmm, very pretty but I think it would make a better color picture, it just doesn't have enough tone difference to make a good b and w.

:thumbdown: It looks a little underexposed, and the sky is just blown out and white...

I'm not sure if you're aware, but it's common practice to do that in scenery shots.

It's common practice to have distracting things in landscape photos? Jesus I wish someone had told me that earlier...back to the drawing board.

Yeah you have to watch for things intruding into the frame from the side like that. I don't know if it ruins the pic but it is a bit distracting.

I like the crop better. It focuses attention on the river where in the original the river and the overly bright sky fight for attention. Generally, unless you know the sky is going to add something to the shot it's a good idea to leave it out.

It looks like a snapshot. I do dind myself wondering what the subject is, and it also hase some exposure problems imo. Maybe a slower shutterspeed would have made this picture more interesting.

Yeah you have to watch for things intruding into the frame from the side like that. I don't know if it ruins the pic but it is a bit diststracting

Idk id have to disagree, I think that is the ONLY thing that makes it interesting. I think it adds some depth to the shot and it looks like it was intentional.

Most reactions

Back