A river

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
please c&c and tell me why it sucks....not that it does suck. Thanks
p704069443-4.jpg

seems like left side is out of focus and right side is, but i like it.

Hand held I assume? If so, I think a tripod and ND filter would have helped a lot here. I'd also like a better view of the river flow.

Colors look nice and I like the motion to the river.

Hand held I assume? If so, I think a tripod and ND filter would have helped a lot here. I'd also like a better view of the river flow.

Colors look nice and I like the motion to the river.

No it was on a tripod and I was at f/32 and had a 3 stop ND filter on so there is no way to get more motion unless I go a different time of day or stack ND's.

I agree about a better view of the river flow...and actually thought of that while shooting. However, that's only possible by getting out into the water which I might try next time....I was in my work clothes though so couldn't do that this time.

What shutter speed did you use? The water is what bothers me in the shot, looks like you should have used either a slower SS to create the comlete angel hair look to the water, or a faster one to freeze it more so it was sharper. Just my humble opinion.

What shutter speed did you use? The water is what bothers me in the shot, looks like you should have used either a slower SS to create the comlete angel hair look to the water, or a faster one to freeze it more so it was sharper. Just my humble opinion.

This seems to be the consensus and honestly, I agree 100%. I have the same shot with a faster shutter speed which has the water looking "rougher".....I just didn't care for the look. I was using a 3 stop ND filter along with f/32 so I think I just need to get there a different time of day to get a longer shutter speed for the silky water. Maybe next time I go by this place for work, I'll get up extra early before it get's very bright out.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back