A round of drinks for all.

Oliver's Army

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi, I'm Mark. Part time lurker, first time poster.

A brief history.

I have been taking photos for years. I never really understood the technicalities about it, but I know I liked to take pics and see the results.

I guess it started when I was in high school and came across my dad's Olympus set up. After looking at the calibre of pics he was shooting, I was convinced he was blind in one eye and a only shot in very high winds or possibly earthquakes. Maybe even a closeted heavy drinker. For two years I was concerned that my grandparents had no heads.

I knew I could do better and pretty much took it away from him. It was like a loaded weapon for Pete's sake.

Over the years photography had came in went in my life and was recently rekindled by the affordable selection of digital cameras and DSLR's.

Over the years I have purchased a couple point and shoot digitals, a Sony DSCF717 and recently an Olympus E-510

By day, I am a commercial producer for the local FOX affiliate. I produce inexpensive, simple :30 second local spots. Needless to say, I have shot about every used car lot, attorney, dive bar, and check cashing place in town.

Since I am essentially the entire department, I had to learn Photoshop on my own time and managed to struggle my way into painfully mediocre.

I suppose a P-shop master would cringe at some of my over-used, cliche' P-shops filters and effects. I fear it may be bit heavy handed at times, but hey...you use the tools you have.

Most of what I shoot is for fun. I work with local bands with sound and promotions so I am always getting hounded for band pics. That turned into getting hounded for wedding pics.

I always refuse cash payment for my pics as there are many working professionals that deserve the business. I will however accept shots and beers and payment.

So my next step is to take some classes and really get comfortable the complexities and nuances of the camera and fully *understanding* photography.

When I get a chance I will post some of my stuff in hopes of sincere criticism and suggestions.

In the future I look forward to hanging out and gleaning some tips, tricks and witty banter.

Dig it.

-mark-

... calls the bartender over to pour you a refill ...

welcome!

Hi Mark, and welcome to TPF. You sure know how to get our attention, with a thread title like that. And thanks for the humorous intro.

Hi Mark, good to have you with us. Welcome.

Most reactions

Back