A SAFE PLACE TO POST PHOTOS

MARSHALL1225

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey Everyone

I am looking for a site to post photos where they can not be copied by others.Most sites that I have been to all you have to do to copy a photo is right click and go to save picture as.

well then all sites you can get a picture off of you just have to hit the fn or shift key and then print screen. and then paste it on paint. So really if someone wants to they probably could get the photo.

Hey Red

I visited your web site and noticed that I was unable to copy a photo and I tried right clicking and using the fn key or the shift key.

ahh but that photo has already been loaded into your temp internet folder - so all you have to do is search through that for the photo. In the end a feature that prevents copy pasting a photo mostly means it won't get picked up and moved around the net by the average passer by - those that want it will either print screen or search the temp folder.

In the end there is no way to prevent such theft, but using 600-1000 pixel photos only at low dpi settings can help to limit what a thief can do with a photo. Further don't think that watermarks are the answer - those that cover the whole photo tend to ruin and defeat the point of showing it -- use them for what they are intended and that is to hold your name (and website) on the photo so as if your photo does start to get about the net people can trace back to your site and your works.

Is there a way to watermark photos in a permanent fashion, or it is simply a matter of a thief using Photshop to remove the watermark that the original artist put on?

Brian

Depends - those placed in a corner can often simple be cropped or cloned out - but they are the better for actually showing your works with since they don't affect the greater part of the photo.
The larger watermarks might be harder to remove for a thied and might not be worth the trouble - but look at the counter, they don't let you show the photo in all its glory - thus somewhat defeating the point of posting it - unless you are constructing a sales site for clients to choose their prints from online (key bit is that the client already has an idea of the overall look of a photo and are just picking out prints -

no safe place, post low res and small so original.

water mark in the center if you are worried, although I just watermark the corner and post small pics. nothing is safe

software for intialing photowork is there any free stuff out there or some thing inexpensive

Most reactions

Back