A short business trip to Germany...

(Ghastly) Krueger

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
... means there is little time to drink beer...
PICT0232.jpg

PICT0235.jpg

PICT0250.jpg

PICT0295.jpg

;)

So?
Did you go for the Hefe-Weizen? I like it but it gives me headaches, so I don't take Weizen well.

And are you already BACK???
I know you were way too far south for us to meet but didn't realise you'd been and gone home ALREADY!

Of the whole variety there, we often have Becks in the house (being from Bremen and my husband being from Bremen, you see ;)), but I think I would love to try that Andechser Doppelbock Dunkel! That sounds good.

Of course I went for the Hefe-Weizen!:drool::mrgreen: That's my favourite beer!
The first one, the Julius Echter was a symphony of taste in my mouth... every "schluck" developed nicely from the first moment all the way to the after taste. But yes, it is a bit heavy... I always feel full after 600ml.

I also drank a couple of fine Franken wines, but I have no pics.

The doppelbock looked very nice, but I believe they carry it in a local restaurant, so I'll try it here.

And yes, I'm already back. 4 days intercontinental trip. :D

Hefe-Weizen
That means it's a wheat beer, is that right? Generally that's my favorite kind, especially on tap and frothy like that. :drool:

Those pictures are great! :thumbup:

I'll have a Paulaner on tap, please. :cheers: Though the Paulaner I've had Stateside doesn't have the word "Salvator" on the label and I'm not sure what that means.... :lol:

Yes, wheat malt beer.... next time I hope I stay for longer, and can get more pics, if you know what I mean.

Regarding the salvator, and from Paulaner's page: "To better survive the hard period of fasting, the resourceful Paulaner monks brewed the strong and tasty Paulaner Salvator already more than 350 years ago. This special type of dark beer is generally called "Doppelbock". With 7.9% alcohol. :mrgreen:

This special type of dark beer is generally called "Doppelbock". With 7.9% alcohol. :mrgreen:

Doppelbock is a very good approach to get drunk quickly, especially for people from countries where beer is much weaker ... and even worse for countries where the pint is less than half a litre (like the US :p).

I had a trip too ... last night ... to my local pub/restaurant to have several Alt :) Nice top-fermented dark beer :)

especially for people from countries where beer is much weaker ... and even worse for countries where the pint is less than half a litre (like the US :p).
It's soooo true! :lol: I'm more of a wine geek than a beer head, but even I know how weak and thin-looking US beer is (a buddy of mine coined a great term for it, but it's probably better left unsaid here, as it's better suited for the subscriber's forum). ;)

I can't even drink most of it. I suppose that's why we're encouraged to drink it cold, to hide the fact that it has so little flavor. :razz:

I can't even drink most of it. I suppose that's why we're encouraged to drink it cold, to hide the fact that it has so little flavor. :razz:

Well, in the UK (where the pint is more than half a litre), you drink your ale at room temperature ... this is because it has lots of flavour :)

CAMRA!

Well, in the UK (where the pint is more than half a litre), you drink your ale at room temperature ... this is because it has lots of flavour :)

CAMRA!
Exactly! :lol: And here, room temp beer is like the kiss of death.

Teehee, I already asked my husband to bring home a sixpack when he and our daughter will come back from the swimming pool, and it might very well be THIS thread that made me ask him in the first place :D!!!

Doppelbock is a very good approach to get drunk quickly,

I have only tried Bockbier and it was ... interesting. I'm assuming Doppelbock is twice as strong so I'll stay away from it during lunch brakes, that's when we usually go to this place where they serve it.

especially for people from countries where beer is much weaker ... and even worse for countries where the pint is less than half a litre (like the US :p).

Well, I'm realizing our beer is not as good as I originally thought, and some are highly over rated.
But we do get the "Caguamas" (940ml)...

I had a trip too ... last night ... to my local pub/restaurant to have several Alt :) Nice top-fermented dark beer :)

Zum Wohl!

BTW, CAMRA = Campaign for real Ale ;)

google for it ...

:hail: Hefe-Weizen

Hefe-Weizen makes me happy. In the US it's hard to get the fresh stuff. Luckily Pittsburgh has a few good brew pubs and Penn Brewery has fresh stuff for Oktoberfest. And, even better, Hofbrauhaus is opening up down the street from where I work!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I miss the real one. :(

Most reactions

New Topics

Back