A Shot from the Golf Course

Discussion in 'Landscape & Cityscape' started by Mithlondor, Jan 10, 2007.

1. Mithlondor

Mithlondor TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

That line coming into the picture from the right seems to be an artifact from the scanner.

2. LaFoto

LaFoto Just Corinna in real life Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The sky wasn't "working" to your advantage on that day, now was it?
    It was bright but cloud covered, I assume ... but one can only assume since there is NOTHING left in your photo in the place of the sky. And that is what bugs me a bit.
    Is your negative all black there? Nothing to be rescued in a different kind of developing process (thin ice for me here, I know next to nothing about darkroom work, so I better stay quiet and hide my total ignorance).

I'm not sure I am overly happy with your composition here, either, the horizon line looks quite centred to me. Pointing the camera down more to exclude more of that bland, non-descript sky, get better exposure readings for the ground and create a more pleasing composition might have helped.

Sorry to be so open in "just" Landscape and Nature, this is not Photo Critique in particular, but I feel like we should also speak our mind in the Gallery Forums, shouldn't we?

3. Mithlondor

Mithlondor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    By all means LaFoto go ahead!

Main reason Im posting these is to improve. I really do appreciate the input.

4. Mithlondor

Mithlondor TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Sorry bout the double post but a few things:

As far as the sky goes, you nailed it, overcast but still bright day, gave me fits but I went ahead and shot anyways. I am fairly new to B+W photography, and overexposed sky is a recurring problem for me, it seems like that happens a lot easier than in color.

For the composition, the IDEA was to have a relatively symmetric picture with most of the lines pointing to the actual subject, the tree in the front (although the cart path definitely disrupts that). I was hoping it would stand out as offset. How well that worked out...you be the judge.