A shot of my friend before prom..I'm pretty new at this.

I use AF and (sorry, I'm not too good with the terms) the points where all of the circle lights up. Is that bad?

The camera was on setting P for this because I was using a hotshoe flash and I didn't know how to adjust the apeture.

Ramy, I like a lot of the shots you have posted. I agree with the above poster. Read about exposure. Consider Peterson's Understanding Exposure. It is really good and will explain those techniques like he mentioned above regarding blurring the background to enhance your foreground subject.

I use AF and (sorry, I'm not too good with the terms) the points where all of the circle lights up. Is that bad? ---

That depends on what you want. The squares that light up are the focus points. So when all of them light up the camera is trying to focus on all the points at once. There is a button on back top right(?) a long with the two dials will let you select the focus point you want to use, also holding trigger haft way will lock the focus.

http://www.usa.canon.com/consumer/c...oadDetailTabAct&fcategoryid=314&modelid=10464

Alright I'll try that out.

If you could do it again, the only thing I'd change is trying to change the background. Otherwise I think everything looks great. I love the angle of the shot.

Most reactions

Back