A Small Falls

Maven

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.gatheringshadow.net
32cfdce9631d8c7906e8e9d6e68b514b.jpg

I took this photo about a month back. What you guys and gals think of it. Nothin serious here.

One thing that bothers (and baffles) me is the distinct line shadow just to the right of the falls. I can't figure out what caused it. There were no powerlines, phonelines or any other type of wires in the area.

Is there someone that could touch up the photo and get rid of that pezky line?

Nice Pic.

The line that runs diagonally at the top right? It may be a fracture in the rock.

Have you tried this picture in B&W, there is some good texture happening there, B&W may bring that out more.

Ummm hard call , but I lean towards the B&W. The line seems awfull sharp to be a shadow, I quess it really dosen't matter what caused it as you want to get rid of it. :wink:

I believe it can be cloned out, but I do not have experience with the cloning tool. Would like to learn how to use it too.

How about this?

waterfallFinal.jpg

When I enlarged it to clone the line out, it seemed to be a shadow, from what, who knows. I thought maybe it was a fallen tree, at first.

Thats amazing! lol. Ok so how'd ya do it, and if I sent you the fullsized could you do it with that?

Email me direct at: xxxxx@xxxxxxx with the full size one (I'm on high speed so size is OK) the originasl untouched version if you have it, and I'll see what I can do with it. I'll crop it for 8X10, too, and you can see if it will be OK to print.

I use Adobe Elements and have been doing a lot of restoration work on very old photos and slides.

Vew some here, if you like: http://tbedwell.smugmug.com/Photography/13809

Tom

S'on its way, and thanks. You don't really have to crop it for 8x10, I have a membership for digital photo printing (i still have like 200 prints free) and the comp that i use there does that auto. But if ya want to, feel free.

Briefly viewed some of the pictures on your website MrFSS....Very good pictures

I have a strong passion for viewing the old Black and Whites and your restoration looks suberb.
I really want to learn how to restore old pictures. Could you reccomend a good starting point or some tips on restoring old B&W's

Sorry for the HiJack, hope you don't mind Maven

Another note: It's Best not to post your e-mail address on a board as there are spam bots that search for e-mail address, use the PM function instead. May want to edit your post and delete your e-mail address.

It's Best not to post your e-mail address on a board as there are spam bots that search for e-mail address, use the PM function instead. May want to edit your post and delete your e-mail address.
Thanks - I'll consider that. The email I posted is a "catch all" and not my real one. I know what you mean about the spam!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back