A small piece of sunset from this side of the tracks

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's sad that I was the lone soul witnessing this moment (at least from where I was standing). It was overcast, and it seems that it was even raining back there... yet the sunset found its way through the clouds to create the scene you see below.

There are a lot of lines in this picture (including powerlines!), some converging, some not. I love the colours that came out of the camera. I also appreciate (for the sake of this photo) that the powers that be at Plum Coulee decided to use a purple street sign to designate Railway Ave. (not your garden-variety green or white signs).

Thank you for looking.

Last edited:
You live in a very pretty area. Nice picture, as always. Love the colors.

Might have been nice to step back the focus a bit so you could get that sign a bit more sharp, but still a very nice image.

You live in a very pretty area. Nice picture, as always. Love the colors.

Might have been nice to step back the focus a bit so you could get that sign a bit more sharp, but still a very nice image.
Thanks for the kind comments (as usual). You make a very good point about the sign not being sharp. I shot this one wide open because I didn't have my tripod with me and did not want to go to higher ISO's. Lesson learned.

^^ you might have been able to hyperfocal focus it and get away with it even wide open. Most of my lenses don't have rangefinders on them, but I've been goofing around with just focusing to infinity and doing a couple extra shots with the focus "pulled back towards me" just a hair. I've had some nice results.

Either way, I think it's a minor nitpick. It's a nice image.

Yeah, very neat. I wish lens mfgs would start putting the damned rangefinders back on their cameras.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back