A Small Wedding Of 40 or So People

I'd want both even if the wedding was only 10 guests.

I shot with my 70-200 and 24-70 and 85mm as a wedding guest and the bride specifically asked for a few shots from me at for her album because I caught the same shot as the paid photographer, but I was using my 70-200 and he a 50mm Sigma art and she much preferred my shot.

I was able to focus in on the Bride, compress the background and remove unwanted scenery from the narrow FOV.

Last edited:
I'd want both even if the wedding was only 10 guests.

Ideally each one on its own a body, too. Shooting a wedding with only one body kinda sucked.. If I were to do it again I'd make sure I had two bodies, and a 70-200 & 35 prime or something combo (fx).

Last edited:
"it's only 4 hours", you make that seem like you shoot longer than that at one time on a consistent basis?

"there's only about 40 people", again, do you shoot groups larger on a consistent basis?

Honestly, this would concern me. It gives the appearance of you thinking it's no big deal. Well, I would bet money that the bride would tend to disagree with that. (And yes, even though she told you a thousand times, that it's no big deal, IT IS!

Payment or not, there will be a certain expectation there, specially if you are the only one there with a "Professional" camera with multiple lenses and flash.

Good luck with this event.

Ideally one on a body, two. Shooting a wedding with only one body kinda sucked.. If I were to do it again I'd make sure I had two bodies, and a 70-200 & 35 prime or something combo (fx).

Even as a professional wedding guest, I'd prefer this. yes.

Ideally one on a body, two. Shooting a wedding with only one body kinda sucked.. If I were to do it again I'd make sure I had two bodies, and a 70-200 & 35 prime or something combo (fx).

Even as a professional wedding guest, I'd prefer this. yes.

There was some neato little flipper-do-da thing to attach two lenses to for quick changes. In the least I would like something like that; switching lens can be a PITA.

But, something like using the 70-200 during the ceremony only and then the 24-70 the major of the time otherwise wouldn't be such a deal. It really all depends.

If this really is all indoors, then yeah the 24-70 alone will probably suffice.

Most reactions

Back