A snap I took of a pair of woodpigeons

McTeal

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi there,

Here is a picture I took the other day with my digital camera. Your forum doesn't allow me to upload photos directly?

Here it is anyway:

pigeon33.jpg

I have more if you think it is any good, I'll wait to see how knowledgable you guys are before posting more.

McTeal said:
I'll wait to see how knowledgable you guys are before posting more.

:scratch: i don't think he meant it harshly

welcome to the forums

is the left bird's beak inside the other's mouth? kind of confusing image. i like the rest of it though

You really know how to welcome new members don't you. Thanks stv, yes it was inside the others mouth, I have a couple more but I can't be bothered to post them if I am going to be met with frankly quite rude comments. Zakphron, you clearly don't understand the point of having a camera with more than 1 megapixel - it is so that even in high resolutions the detail looks good.

Regards,
McTeal.

P.S. Is anyone (only 1/4 replies so far thanks stv)going to actually comment on the picture? Or do you guys prefer internet battles against people you don't know?!

yeah I think they are kissing...I think birds kiss :? ...which is why I made my aww comment...Anyhow...I was mainly joking myself :wink: ...except about that pic size :twisted: ...welcome aboard the boards :hug:

Thanks zac, sorry I guess my first comment was wrong, let's start afresh! :)

ph can you explain exactaly what yoru saying...kinda confused me...

the thing about the size is it just doesnt fit my moniter...which means I have to scroll left and right to see the pic...IMHO that takes away from the pic

-Zac

Good pic. I would prefer it if the bird on the left's tail wasn't slightly out of frame, and (like Zac said) it was a slightly smaller scale so I wouldn't have to scroll to see it all. Still a good job though. Welcome to the forum!

McTeal said:
You really know how to welcome new members don't you.

Nice Shot what is type of camera do you use? what lens are you using to get that close?
As far as the welcome you got, you should have seen it coming a mile away, if you put your self up on a pedestal like you did while putting others down, and I know that was not your point, you will get harsh response back. I would have written the same things until I read your last post. Anyway Welcome!!!!! There are a great deal of very cool people here and I for one take their advice and have learned a lot about my art

I envy you for your equipment and your skill that can capture this kind of detail, contrast and saturation (and quality in general).

I can't be bothered with commenting on your composition a/c the necessary scrolling is too hindersome.
But if the comp works as well as the technical skills displayed in this photo, I'd say this photo is a winner.

I can understand your initial impression of us. But cut us some slack--we're amataurs.

I'm looking forward to viewing more of your work.

Welcome to the forum. I hope your experience with us will be pleasant.

The Rebel

That's a beautiful picture. Great color, DOF and detail.

It's always a challenge to retain quality while posting pictures that are small enough to not screw up the thread by being to wide or taking forever to load because they're too many KB. I have found 650 pixels wide to be the max that will not cause scolling back and forth on most forums when viewed by the still very widely used 800x600 resolution monitor. When I'm on my dial up connection at home I will rarely wait for anything over 100KB to load, I am too busy and there are too many other forums I frequent. In this case I waited the several minutes it took to load because I wanted to see what all the fuss was about.

Storing pictures when you have more than a few dozen members of a forum takes a lot of capacity (ie money). Most message boards do not allow uploads for that reason. I have frequented one photo forum which does allow uploads and they have strict limits of 60 KB and are still always running out of room.Most of the free upload photo hosting sites are still trying to generate income one way or another as they have to pay for the enormous capacity it takes if you have several thousand people uploading pics.

This is a nice group of people here and personally I have learned a lot from them in a short period of time.

If you want a critique of the photo or suggestions they have a critique forum here for that.

I also like to see where someone is from. It adds a lot to my appreciation of the photo to know in what part of the world it is taken. I am assuming the UK for this one but I think wood pigeons are also native to most of Europe aren't they?

Most reactions

Back