A snap I took of a pair of woodpigeons

These are parent and almost grown-up chick, for pigeons would not "kiss" like this for any other reason but to feed. It is a very endearing photo, and extrememly crisp, I just say. But way large. Scrolling to and fro to then try to create an impression of the whole in ones head is - well, not all impossible, but bothersome for most who come here with a limited amount of time. The new photo host that I use (after lots of recommendation of others from here, i.e. photobucket) makes them too large for my liking, too (or for my monitor).

I like the bright background to the dark pigeons, by the way, and the use of DOF. Technically it seems perfect. And the theme is endearing, like I've said.

Give us some credit, McTeal, for most part there are amateurs coming here for the mere fun of sharing and learning - and a sentence like your very first "hallo-I'm-here-now" sentence could only come across as ... well, what is the softest word?' 'conceited'... Sorry to be so frank.

Welcome all the same! :D

LaFoto said:
These are parent and almost grown-up chick, for pigeons would not "kiss" like this for any other reason but to feed.
Welcome all the same! :D

:) Lafoto, This is also a courtship gesture. In my opinion, this is Pappa's way of asking/paying in advance for Momma favors. :wink: :lol:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back