A Spirit

Advanc3d

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
D700 + 105micro + some flashes

Comments, critiques & suggestions are welcome!!

spirit_web.jpg

everything is cool.. except for the eyes.. they just seem fake.

Also, why would someone's eyes be so far above the openings for them to see?

Eyes are not fake, they're the real eyes of the model ;)
They're far from the openings cause...the mask was too large so it fell a little bit down :D

Scares Me! And regarding the look of the eyes -- and not just the eyes but the whole pic-- it's stylized in a specific way that you are making your signature shooting style. Right?

I think it's cool. Maybe you can do a "show and tell" of your technique. I think many here would be interested how you get "the look."

Scares Me! And regarding the look of the eyes -- and not just the eyes but the whole pic-- it's stylized in a specific way that you are making your signature shooting style. Right?

I think it's cool. Maybe you can do a "show and tell" of your technique. I think many here would be interested how you get "the look."
Yep, i'm trying to make my own signature shooting style :D

About the "show & tell" i've few things to say, i've used 3 flashes and 1 lightdisc.
I've putted a softbox above the head, the litedisc under to reflec some light on the face and a couple of flash behind the subject.

I've developed the raw file with lightroom2, increasing a little bit the sharpening, then i've exported the tiff in photoshop.
I've duplicate the layer and use the blending mode "overlay" then with a layer mask i deleted some parts and smoothed the overlay layer.
I've applied a texture on the mask to give a "grungy-dark" look.

I've used some tecniques showed by Joey Lawrence (joeyl.com) in his tutorials, they're really useful and helpful.

Well i think that's all, thanks for your comments guys!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back